The Duties International Women of Faith Fellowship
BE DEVOTED TO ONE ANOTHER IN BROTHERLY LOVE. HONOR ONE ANOTHER ABOVE YOURSELF. SHARE WITH GOD’S PEOPLE WHO ARE IN NEED. PRACTISE HOSPITALITY,
- Mutual love and help among women. We have to encourage each other.
- Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourself. Your attitude should be the same as that of Jesus Christ.
- Mutual service: Be sympathetic, compassionate and humble. Be clear minded and self – controlled so that you can pray. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift she has received to serve faithfully administering God’s work in its various forms.
- Sharing with the poor and needy: “In everything I did, l showed you love that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus said: it is more blessed to give than to receive”. Acts 20:35; 1 John 3:16-18.
- Sharing with those who preach and teach. Gal. 6:6; 1 Cor. 9:7, 13-14.
- Performing their duties to their husbands and in the upbringing of their children in their various families.
- Christian living or holy living is an obligation every Christian Woman must fulfill. 1Thess. 5:22.
- Be a peace – maker at home and outside. “Blessed are the peace – makers: for they shall be called the children of God”. Matthew 5:9. Be assured that, whatever you lose for the sake of Christ and the gospel, you shall regain it seven – fold from God. The great rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Heb. 11:16; 12:14.
- Have respect for elders in the church. Christian Women are to obey and respect their spiritual leaders in everything that pertains to righteousness and godliness. Heb 13:7; 1 Thess. 5:12-13.
- Every Woman of Faith is therefore, encouraged to give priority attention to Bible study for it is only by doing so that she can grow unto Christian maturity. Many treasures and spiritual blessings are hidden in the Bible, which can only be discovered through regular Bible study. Psalms 119:11.
- Every Woman of Faith should spread the good gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in fulfillment of the great commission. Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:15.
- Learn to bridles your tongue Mat. 12:35-36 and don’t give in for gossip because we don’t not entertain gossip (1Tim. 3:11).
- Older women, who may not be able to become physically involved, can provide a very useful service in prayer. They can also be good teachers by example and by admonishing the young wives and mothers to love their husbands and children, and to support them in their role as women (Tit. 2:3-5).
- If any sister is going contrary to the WILL, of God and against our CONDUCT, correct her in LOVE and don’t criticize her at her back. Then if she fails to adhere to the correction or instruction, report her to the board for discipline.
- Every Woman of Faith can fast and pray for the sick or those who request prayers. They can take food to the sick and help the needy. They can send notes of encouragement to those who are isolated.
- Where possible a woman should be willing to work with other women at the Feast to prepare meals for those attending the Feast, so all can partake of meals together. There are also other duties women can perform to help in the smooth running of the Feasts.